Technical Business Analyst
Poq is a MACH-certified Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company, empowering retailers to create highly effective and fully-customized mobile native apps that enable retailers to provide a superior shopping and engagement experience. Anywhere.
Retailers work with Poq to build stronger brands, sell more products, deepen customer loyalty and deliver highly relevant content, communications and rewards. Poq clients include global brands and retailers, such as Studio Retail, Hotter Shoes, Cotton On, Ardene, Cotton Traders, francesca’s, Surfstitch, Card Factory, e.l.f Cosmetics and more. Our Apps serve consumers around the world, with releases in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand, and Europe, with growth expected to happen in many more.
With everything from maps, memories, music, and money going mobile, Poq has been at the forefront of developing market leading native mobile apps for forward-thinking retailers to deliver engaging customer experiences since 2011. The company is venture capital (VC) backed, raising £16.5 million after having closed Series B funding in 2018. Its most recent funding round was led by Smedvig Capital, with participation from previous backers, Beringea and Revolt Ventures.
Poq’s best-in-class native mobile app development platform is microservices-based, it scales in the cloud and is architected to be part of the headless trend (MACH). This enables our developers to hone their skills using the latest and most progressive operating system (OS) languages and frameworks.
We are also currently a remote-first company with a landing pad in London and head offices in London and New York. So, if you’d like to work at the cutting edge of digital business-to-consumer (B2C) innovation, please contact us
You will work closely with our clients and internal team members at Poq to gather business and technical requirements and translate them into technical specifications and deliverables. You will be comfortable working across an array of different software solutions (e.g. the Poq Platform solutions as well as customer or third party systems and vendors) and make recommendations to our developers and clients. You can expect to have Project Management responsibilities and to work with the development team for small-medium projects.
What you’ll be doing
● Bridging across project managers, developers, designers and clients to deliver features on time and to an impeccably high standard.
● Working with the Solutions Architect to create technical specifications and translating them into detailed, accurate and unambiguous development tickets for the delivery team.
● Working closely with project managers to prioritise ticket backlogs, organising tickets into epics and grooming tickets to uncover missing information.
● Professional experience with story-tracking and documentation tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Trello etc.
● Contribute to overall process improvement initiatives.
● Reviewing technical documentation (API / SDKs) and designs, and agreeing/documenting
implementation specifics with the project implementation team
● Investigating existing IT systems from clients and partners and formulating options for how to
● Availability to travel and attending client meetings within the UK and Internationally (up to 10% of
What we’re looking for
● 2+ years experience in a Business Analyst role, ideally within ecommerce, retail or software development
● Technical understanding of software development and integrations. Hands-on experience is a plus, but not required on the job.
● Demonstrable client-facing experience and the ability to manage several stakeholders and prioritise/multi-task.
● Demonstrable experience in scoping and documenting technical integrations for existing or newly acquired clients.
● Demonstrable experience in translating technical specification into development stories.
● End-to-end experience in a fast-paced, agile environment as a Business Analyst
● Excellent communication, leadership qualities, self-starter attitude, fast learner and attention to
● Experience reviewing and understanding data feeds, APIs, web services, SDKs.
● Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
● Looking for someone who is strong on the business and technical side
● Experience in supporting the pre-sales process (technical estimations and scoping).
● Experience writing Statements of Work and producing technical estimates.
● Knowledge around iOS, Android native development or Microsoft Azure or other Cloud Computing
● Experience working with SaaS platforms in the ecommerce industry.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.
Poq Values & Behaviours
● We move forward constructively with integrity and purpose
● We bring the best version of ourselves every day
● We are experts and innovators at the top of our game
● We are ambitious, resilient and passionate about what we do
● We are creative thinkers, problem solvers, decision makers
● We do great work and get things done together
● We take ownership and hold ourselves accountable
● Take pride in our product, our work and each other
● We are honest, decent and do the right thing
● We are open to ideas, learning and evolving
● We work together as one team
● We celebrate and embrace our diversity