Poq is a global Software-as-a-Service platform that empowers retailers and brands to create highly
effective and fully customised native apps in record time. Apps that allow them to build stronger brands,
sell more products, deepen customer loyalty and deliver highly relevant content.
The Poq platform is the result of years of focus on retail apps and is proven to increase customer
engagement and revenue. Clients include the largest brands and retailers, such as Missguided, Belk, the
Cotton On Group and FeelUnique.
The London-based start-up has offices in London and New York. Founded in 2011, the company is
VC-backed raising £16.5 million and recently closed Series B funding in 2018, the most recent round was
led by Smedvig Capital, with participation from previous backers Beringea and Revolt Ventures.
About the role – Product Designer
The Product team creates and maintains a range of platform solutions adopted by a wide range of
clients. The challenge here is to understand how our platform is used, striking a balance between
opinionated design and catering to customer needs.
You’ll help improve the Poq platform and its user-facing e-commerce apps, client-facing content
management and admin apps, internal tools – all within a consistent Design System that you will help to
evolve. Our technology and apps are used by millions of customers, so you will be able to make a direct
and significant impact on a large group of users. You will appreciate the emotional impact that beautiful
typography, consistent iconography, and effective animation have on users, but also understand that the
best design is the one that best solves the problem at hand.
What you’ll be doing
● Working closely with product managers, rapidly iterating interaction and visual designs
● Improve the POQ platform through better solutions, visuals, copy, iconography, processes, tools.
● Own the research and end to end design of major features on our platform
● Prototype: static/interactive, low-high fidelity
● Collaborate on user research
● Work on our Design System to increase product quality and productivity
● Collaborate with developers, ensuring technical feasibility and documenting your work.
● Communicate your work clearly to other team members and gather feedback.
What you’ll be working on
● Design Systems spanning internal and external apps for dozens of clients
● iOS and Android native platform apps
● Internal and client-facing web tools (CMS, app theming, on-boarding, feed management and
● Evangelising design principles and processes to the wider company
What we’re looking for
● Native app design experience. Mobile-first as a primary area of focus
● Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique
● Ability to understand and prioritise complex requirements, communicate solutions through
sketches, hi-fidelity comps, and prototypes, to technical and non-technical team members,
justifying your decisions and compromises
● Ability to function independently and in a team environment with solid collaboration skills
● A strong understanding of Human-Computer Interaction principles
● Appreciation for accessibility, how it impacts people’s lives, and that it should be baked into your
solutions and process
● Understand the need for the various types of research and evangelising other teams to do their
own (you won’t be a researcher, but a passion for the discipline and researchOps is a plus)