Poq is a MACH-certified Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company, empowering retailers to create highly effective and fully-customized mobile native apps that enable retailers to provide a superior shopping and engagement experience. Anywhere.
Retailers work with Poq to build stronger brands, sell more products, deepen customer loyalty and deliver highly relevant content, communications and rewards. Poq clients include global brands and retailers, such as Studio Retail, Hotter Shoes, Cotton On, Ardene, Cotton Traders, francesca’s, Surfstitch, Card Factory, e.l.f Cosmetics and more. Our Apps serve consumers around the world, with releases in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand, and Europe, with growth expected to happen in many more.
With everything from maps, memories, music, and money going mobile, Poq has been at the forefront of developing market leading native mobile apps for forward-thinking retailers to deliver engaging customer experiences since 2011. The company is venture capital (VC) backed, raising £16.5 million after having closed Series B funding in 2018. Its most recent funding round was led by Smedvig Capital, with participation from previous backers, Beringea and Revolt Ventures.
Poq’s best-in-class native mobile app development platform is microservices-based, it scales in the cloud and is architected to be part of the headless trend (MACH). This enables our developers to hone their skills using the latest and most progressive operating system (OS) languages and frameworks.
We are also currently a remote-first company with a landing pad in London and head offices in London and New York. So, if you’d like to work at the cutting edge of digital business-to-consumer (B2C) innovation, please contact us.
Introducing the iOS team
Our iOS engineers are the people who build the eCommerce apps you find on your phone. They innovate and find solutions to challenging issues. They take ownership of features, making sure to pass on any knowledge to others in the team, whilst also being comfortable to ask questions if they don’t know the answer.
The iOS team is organised into agile squads and work alongside developers of Android and .Net, as well as QAs. They work closely with project managers, business analysts, system analysts, and designers to make sure the client is getting the best app from the very start.
We know that building great mobile apps requires a great codebase. Poq apps are used by dozens of brands, and handle millions of pounds of orders every week. We seek quality in our engineering practices to enable fast releases. Some of the key practices which we insist upon across our teams that allow us to release with speed and quality are:
- Reviewing code via pull requests
- Documenting our tools
- We advocate Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- We have great tools to enable our work: Dev and Staging environments, a solid CD/CI pipeline, Test Devices
Key technologies include:
– Swift & UIKit
– Azure Dev Ops
What you’ll be doing
As an iOS Engineer at poq, you will
● Join a highly skilled development team, building and delivering maintainable and robust software
● Be actively involved in all aspects of the lifecycle of our clients
● Work in a way we consider to be agile
● Have ownership of the client iOS apps within your squad, investigating and fixing bugs and support tickets
● Have plenty of opportunities to be customer facing, advocating for you architectural choices
● Be influencing the project and how we work
● Work with an international portfolio of Retail clients, customising our platform to their needs
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
● Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximise development efficiency
What we’re looking for
● Experience writing clean, maintainable, easy-to-test code using Swift
● Proficient in XCode, iOS SDK and commonly used libraries
● Experience with Design concepts like SOLID, Composition vs Inheritance, FIRST tests.
● Good grasp of iOS SDK concepts/components such as – GCD, Autolayout, UIKit.
● Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development (TDD/BDD) experience
● Familiar with GitHub source control, the gitflow approach and Continuous Integration
● At least one app published in the App Store
● Experience working closely with designers, and having an eye for design
● Experience in collaborating with clients or product owners using an agile process
● You know what architecture is and what the popular patterns in iOS are and why they are popular.
● Less code is good, but structure comes first. We write one task per method, one responsibility per class. And we expect you to do so too.
● A lifelong learner willing to explore and share new ideas.
● Good written and verbal communication
● Passion for your role