First Line Help Desk Manager
Poq is a MACH-certified Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company, empowering retailers to create highly effective and fully-customized mobile native apps that enable retailers to provide a superior shopping and engagement experience. Anywhere.
Retailers work with Poq to build stronger brands, sell more products, deepen customer loyalty and deliver highly relevant content, communications and rewards. Poq clients include global brands and retailers, such as Studio Retail, Hotter Shoes, Cotton On, Ardene, Cotton Traders, francesca’s, Surfstitch, Card Factory, e.l.f Cosmetics and more. Our Apps serve consumers around the world, with releases in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand, and Europe, with growth expected to happen in many more.
With everything from maps, memories, music, and money going mobile, Poq has been at the forefront of developing market leading native mobile apps for forward-thinking retailers to deliver engaging customer experiences since 2011. The company is venture capital (VC) backed, raising £16.5 million after having closed Series B funding in 2018. Its most recent funding round was led by Smedvig Capital, with participation from previous backers, Beringea and Revolt Ventures.
Poq’s best-in-class native mobile app development platform is microservices-based, it scales in the cloud and is architected to be part of the headless trend (MACH). This enables our developers to hone their skills using the latest and most progressive operating system (OS) languages and frameworks.
We are also currently a remote-first company with a landing pad in London and head offices in London and New York. So, if you’d like to work at the cutting edge of digital business-to-consumer (B2C) innovation, please contact us
Reporting directly to our Project Management Lead, the First Line Help Desk Manager will be responsible for managing a team of 1st Line Engineers providing support to Poq’s clients, partners and, internal employees.
Day to day management of the team including team management to ensure SLAs are met, the team understands key priorities and have clear objectives and development plans.
What you’ll be doing
● Line Management of the 1st Line Support Engineers working on the 1st Line Helpdesk.
● Monitor and review Service Levels (SLAs) with internal stakeholders and external clients, including
driving Partner issues and Triage.
● Improve and maintain relationships with System Integrator partners and clients.
● Oversee day-to-day performance monitoring and operational reporting to better understand and
analyse help desk performance, with a focus on reactive activities.
● Asset management of equipment utilised by Poq employees including hardware and software
● Continuous improvements to the way the 1st Line Helpdesk operates including supporting the
implementation of future tooling and process change.
Business & Reporting expertise:
● Monitor the performance of the Service Desk through the development of SLAs and KPIs and report them on a regular basis, as required by senior management.
● Recognising problems and giving proactive ways to improve performance. Wherever possible, include implementation
Leadership & Remote Team Management:
● Exemplifies Poq Values
● Responsible for providing training and quality control for a team of 1st line support engineers, as well
as creating objectives.
● Improve communication and build working connections with the team and other members of staff
● Act as a point of contact for day-to-day commercial issues and offer guidance.
● Communicate critical areas of attention to the team on a daily/weekly basis.
● In charge of the helpdesk’s effective management, ensuring that all information is correct and that the
processes are followed by the 1st Line Support Engineers, as well as our clients and partners.
● Ascertain that the Helpdesk Team is sufficiently trained and that all training requirements are met, as
well as that all applicable reviews are done.
● Ensure that great customer service is provided at all times.
What we’re looking for
● 5+ years of experience in help desk management role
● Superior communication abilities at all levels
● Organisational skills
● Team player
● Self-disciplined and self-motivated
● Commercial awareness
● Knowledge and expertise with Business Assurance and Performance Measurement systems (KPIs for
● PC literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel etc)
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.
Poq Values & Behaviours
● We move forward constructively with integrity and purpose
● We bring the best version of ourselves every day
● We are experts and innovators at the top of our game
● We are ambitious, resilient and passionate about what we do
● We are creative thinkers, problem solvers, decision makers
● We do great work and get things done together
● We take ownership and hold ourselves accountable
● Take pride in our product, our work and each other
● We are honest, decent and do the right thing
● We are open to ideas, learning and evolving
● We work together as one team
● We celebrate and embrace our diversity