Poq is a global Software-as-a-Service platform that empowers retailers and brands to create highly
effective and fully customised native apps in record time. Apps that allow them to build stronger brands,
sell more products, deepen customer loyalty and deliver highly relevant content.
The Poq platform is the result of years of focus on retail apps and is proven to increase customer
engagement and revenue. Clients include the largest brands and retailers, such as Missguided, Belk, the
Cotton On Group and FeelUnique.
The London-based start-up has offices in London and New York. Founded in 2011, the company is
VC-backed raising £16.5 million and recently closed Series B funding in 2018, the most recent round was
led by Smedvig Capital, with participation from previous backers Beringea and Revolt Ventures.
About the role – Android Engineer
You will be working with the poq delivery team to create Apps for new clients by customising our Platform,
creating bespoke solutions and connecting to 3rd party APIs. You will also be required to collaborate with
clients and designers to deliver apps with easy to read code.
What you’ll be doing
● Customising our platform to create client apps
● Designing and implementing complex features in a clear, maintainable and testable way
● Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
● Working with outside data sources and APIs
● Testing code for robustness, including usability, and general reliability
● Working on bug fixing and improving application performance and design
● Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximise
What we’re looking for
● Experience writing clean, maintainable, easy-to-test code using Kotlin or Java
● Proficient in Android Studio, Android SDK and commonly used libraries
● Experience with MVVM, MVP or similar
● Experience with RxJava, Koin, Retrofit and Dagger
● Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development (TDD/BDD) experience
● Familiar with GitHub source control and Continuous Integration
● At least one app published in the Google Play Store
● Experience in working closely with designers, and having an eye for design
● Experience in collaborating with clients or product owners using an agile process