The Ethical Fashion Source Network is an extensive online fashion community dedicated solely to sustainability – bringing together buyers, business people, consumers and designers in over 100 countries. The Ethical Fashion Forum is the Industry Body for sustainable fashion and powers the SOURCE Global Platform for Sustainable Fashion…making it accessible for businesses to buy sustainable fashion and to open doors to market for Fairtrade and ethical suppliers.
The Ethical Fashion Show aims to educate people about what they are buying on the high street and to encourage change. There will be a silent auction, designer stalls for browsing and a panel discussion, involving Safia Minney Founder of Poq’s client People Tree.
People Tree is a pioneer in Fairtrade and environmentally friendly fashion. For over twenty years, People Tree has partnered with Fair Trade farmers in the developing world to produce a collection of ethical and eco-fashion. When you shop with People Tree, you can trust that your goods were made ethically.
• Lucy Siegle BBC OneShow presenter, Ethical columnist for The Guardian and The Observer
• Ben Ramsden Founder of Pants to Poverty
• Tamsin Lejeune Managing Director of Ethical Fashion Forum
• Sam Maher Director of Policy and International Solidarity at Labour behind the Label
• Kate Dangerfield Global campaigns and communications coordinator at Stop the Traffik Brands showcasing: Riz Boardshorts, People Tree, Komodo, Jaded London, Brothers we stand, Cock & Bull, Nancy Dee, Monkee Genes, Fair and True, Pants to Poverty, Liora Lassalle, Allenomis, Choolips and more.
This year all the proceeds will be going to Rehema project working with women who are living in extremely difficult situations in Africa, teaching them textiles skills, and offering them an opportunity to provide for their families. Last year the show funded a workshop for Rehema, the profits made helped to support the local community, ensuring basic food is provided to the schools, feeding over 500 orphans daily, while this year’s show aims to buy 5 more water wells for the community.
Check out “Ethical Fashion Show and Industry Panel” on Ethical Fashion SOURCE Network Ethical Fashion Forum
Time: May 1, 2014 from 7pm to 11pm
Location: St Pauls Hammersmith, London
Tickets: £10 or £7 with a valid student card – all tickets include a free drink.